Sometimes, you just don’t have time to do much cleaning, but you need it to look like you did. That’s where you need to figure out how to fake a clean house, by implementing some simple strategies.
We all know that it is best to clean your house each week. But, there are times when knowledge.gets in the way and you just don’t have time. However, you would still like it to appear you’ve cleaned.
And then, there are the instances where friends are coming over and you just do not have time to deep clean from top to bottom. This is the perfect time to quickly clean your house to make it look cleaner than it really is!
HOW TO QUICKLY FAKE A CLEAN HOUSE IN MINUTES
If you have just 15 minutes to get the house ready before company arrives, these are the things you need to do!
The bathroom can be, well, rather disgusting. It is usually not recommended to fake clean this room of the house, but you can, instead, do a few quick cleaning strategies that will make look like you’ve spent hours cleaning.
1. Wipe it down. A quick wipe will remove anything that is easily visible and gives your bathroom an instant cleaner feeling. That means lifting the lid of the toilet and wiping down the seat and rim. You do not want anything disgusting staring up at your guests.
2. Get everything off the counter. If need be, place items into a small basket and put it in the linen closet or beneath the sink. Leave soap and a few other small things on the counter.
3. Wipe the sink, mirror, and countertop. Use your glass cleaner and wipe it all down. Wipe the spots off the mirror and faucet so all you see is your smiling face.
4. Shake out the rug. Fluffing your rug to remove hair and debris. By shaking you’ll also make the fibers stand up again, giving the illusion of a clean space.
5. Fresh toilet paper. I know it sounds strange, but it works! When you replace a 1/2 roll with a fresh one, it looks as if you just spent time cleaning and tidying up!
6. Wipe the floor. A quick wipe of the floor will make lint, makeup and hair disappear.
7. Tidy the towels. Make sure the towels are all hanging neatly on the towel bar. Replace the hand towel with a fresh one from the linen closet.
FAMILY ROOM / LIVING ROOM
In many cases, your guests will gather with you in the living room (or your skill.room). A few simple things are all you need to do in order to make it look neat and tidy.
1. Put the remotes away. Toss the remotes in a drawer or place them by the television.
2. Declutter! Grab a laundry basket and toss anything that does not belong into the room into it. The basket can be placed in a closet to be dealt with after your company leaves.
3. Fluff the pillows. Give the sofa pillows and cushions a little fluffing to so it removes the imprints left by your teenager.
4. Organize books and magazines. If you have these items on your coffee table, line them up neatly (or hide them).
While it may seem like the most challenging space to clean, it can be one of the easiest to speed clean before your guests arrive.
1. Use the dishwasher. Toss all of your dirty dishes in the dishwasher – even if they need to be washed by hand. After your guests leave, remove those delicate items and run the machine to wash the others. Your sink should have nothing left in it.
2. Wipe the counters and appliances. Grab a rag and some spray and get busy wiping things down! Using a homemade cleaner with vinegar and essential oils can make your entire kitchen smell clean and fresh.
3. Take out the trash. There is nothing worse than the scent of last night’s leftovers in the garbage. Take out the trash and put a clean bag into the bin.
4. Sweep the floor. Get the crumbs and food up off the floor and into the trash can.
5. Declutter the counters. Once you finish, declutter the living room by tossing items into the laundry basket, do the same in the kitchen! Get the papers, pens and other items off the counter and leave only a few appliances and other kitchen items on display.
While most of the time guests will not venture into your bedroom, you may still need to clean them. However, if they must pass by your room to get to the bathroom, they may sneak a peek.
1. Make your bed. I know, I sound like your mother, but it’s true. Nothing can make a room look cleaner more quickly than a freshly made bed.
2. Pick up the clothes. Toss the dirty clothes in the laundry hamper. No one wants to see your dirty socks lying at the foot of the bed.
3. Toss items into the closet. If there is clutter on your dresser, make use of the closet! Place items into a bag, bin or even a bucket and place it in your closet.
4. Close the closet doors. You may like them open for convenience, but when people see into your closet, it can make the room appear cluttered. Close the doors until your company leaves; then you can open them again.
There are things you can do in any room to give it an instant clean feel.
1. Vacuum. There is nothing like freshly vacuumed carpet to make your room appear clean.
2. Open the drapes or blinds. Let the natural light flow into your space, making it bright.
3. Light a candle. Fill your home with the smell of baked goods or fresh crisp air.
With some quick thinking (and skill.help), you can fake having a clean home in just a few minutes.