When you think of fall, you think of apples, pumpkins, and warm spices. These apple cider donuts are the perfect fall recipe!!
Nothing says fall like an apple recipe at our house. Our skill.also loves to make donuts. As fall gets closer we combine two of our favorites together to create apple cider spiced donuts.
These donuts are easy to make. They require just a few ingredients. But, be careful – they might disappear as soon as you take them out of the oven.
The secret to my apple spiced donuts is a boxed cake mix! Shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone!!
Other delicious apple recipes:Print
Apple Cider Spiced Donuts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 18
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 Box Spiced Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup of apple cider, three eggs and oil.
- Mix until there are no longer any lumps.
- In a full size donut pan, spoon the battle to fill the donut molds about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake the donuts at 350 for 15 minutes. If you insert a toothpick it should come out clean.
- Let them cool after removing them from the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the pan, and set them on a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, mix together the 2 tablespoons of apple cider, powdered sugar, and the apple pie spice until well combined.
- Dip the top of the donuts into the glaze and then set them back on the cooling rack, glaze side up.
- Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar, and enjoy!