You may have heard of Oreo truffles, but have you tried Oreo birthday cake truffles? If not, stop what you are doing and make these. Now.
I am a fan of Oreo Truffles. They are one of my favorite desserts. But, I like to mix things up a bit when I can. Sometimes, I don’t want all that chocolate and want something a little lighter.
I decided to give my popular recipe a spin by creating these no-bake birthday cake truffles by using a package of Birthday Cake Oreos.
I love that you can customize these to be any color you want. My daughter’s favorite color was lime green at the time, so we made a batch just for her. Use any kind of candy melt to top your birthday cake Oreo truffles so they are just what you need for your get together.
Oreo Birthday Cake Truffles
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Candy Melts (any color or flavor you like)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- One package of Birthday Cake Oreos
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Crush the entire package of Birthday Cake Oreos (I use a food processor).
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and softened cream cheese until well blended.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Right before you remove the tray from the freezer, melt the candy melts in a double boiler (you can use a microwave too, just melt slowly so as not to scorch the melts).
- Using a spoon and dip the pre-formed balls into the candy melt.
- Roll them around until they’re fully coated.
- Place the truffles on a sheet of wax paper to cool.
- Sprinkle the truffles with the rainbow sprinkles (if desired).
- Place the finished tray of truffles back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Make sure to give yourself a few minutes in between dipping every few truffles into the melted candy melts. Because of the frozen pre-formed balls, it will cool the candy melts faster than they can re-melt in the double boiler.
Refrigerate after making, since cream cheese is the main ingredient.