Have you ever tried bon bon candy? It’s incredible – isn’t it!! We’ve got a simple recipe to teach you how to make chocolate peanut butter bon bons! It will become your skill.#8217;s favorite!
This bon bon candy recipe is a chocolate peanut butter treat that insanely easy to make! Not only is it the perfect recipe for your kids to help you make, but they will also be the talk of the party (or whatever event you are making them for!)
Just beware – these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bons are dangerously delicious and will not do your waistline any good!
WHAT IS A BON BON?
Bon bons are any chocolate covered candy with a center filling. This includes peanut butter, marshmallow, creamy chocolate, etc.
Most candies are bon bons, even if they come in squares, ovals or clusters. If your candy has a ganache filling, however, it is a truffle.
More chocolatey deliciousness:Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bon Bon Recipe
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/4 cup (9 oz) smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup bag confectioners sugar
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, confectioners sugar and melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Roll the peanut butter filling into 1 inch balls.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes (this step will make coating with chocolate much easier!)
- Fill a sauce pan 1/3 full of water and bring to a small boil.
- Place chocolate in a metal bowl and place the bowl over the boiling water (the steam of the water below will melt the chocolate).
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer.
- Insert a toothpick into each peanut butter ball and then dip them into the melted chocolate.
- Cover with chocolate as best and return the chocolate covered bon bon to the lined baking sheet.
- Return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!