One of my favorite treats is chocolate covered strawberries. They are something I could sit and just gobble down without even thinking about it!
My husband normally makes them for me for Valentine’s Day. He will take the time to even drizzle white chocolate on them to make them even more special. I love that he cares that much about me that he wants to make sure my day is special.
Of course, my kids ended up trying mine one year (my “mistake” for sharing). Now, they want to have them along with me!
I love that they enjoy these because it is a sneaky way for them to eat some fruit. They think it is a sweet treat, but they don’t think about the fact that it also contains something healthy. Because of that, I wanted to find a way to make their own special Valentine’s Day treat. That is when I started making them Chocolate Strawberry Hearts!
These are super easy to make. You need only a few items and in less than 10 minutes you’ll be all done! What a fun idea to add to your Valentine’s Day Breakfast! I mean, it DOES have fruit inside! 😉
Check out some of our other incredible desserts!Print
Chocolate Strawberry Hearts
- Category: Dessert
- Strawberries (cleaned and dried)
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Sprinkles (if desired)
- Slice the stem off of each strawberry.
- Slice the strawberry in half (vertically).
- “Join” the points of the strawberry together and connect them with a toothpick (hint – make sure you leave some of the toothpick showing so that you can remove it once the chocolate sets, so you do not have to worry about biting down into a toothpick).
- Melt 1/2 of the package of almond bark in the microwave. It is best to do so in 30 second increments, stirring between each. This will avoid burning and scorching.
- Dip each connected strawberry into the chocolate. You may need to use a spoon to cover all of the tops and sides.
- Place each one onto the wax paper. You can spin the strawberry and make adjustments as needed so that they look like a heart.
- If you wish to add sprinkles, do so while the chocolate is melted.
- Allow to set up for 20 – 30 minutes (can do this on your counter or in your refrigerator.
- Store for up to 1 week.