If you’ve ever tried to make Ham & Scalloped potatoes, you may have found your cheese separated, scorched or just didn’t hold well in the oven. This recipe is SO simple to make and the sauce is perfect every single time!
Perfectly Easy Ham & Scalloped Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 6-7 servings
- 3/4 cup powdered non-dairy creamer (unflavored)
- 1 3/4 cup of water
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 Tbs. minced onion (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the creamer and water in a small bowl until well mixed (should be smooth).
- In small saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- Add in the flour and spices and cook until blended.
- Slowly add the creamer mixture. Boil for around 3 minutes, until thickened.
- Grease a 9×12 pan.
- Place potatoes and ham.
- Pour the mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 45 – 50 more minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add cheese to the top and cook until it is melted.