Saving money at Price Chopper is simple when you combine coupons with the deals in the weekly ad. You can also take advantage of their low price guarantee and rewards programs, which offer even more ways to save.
Everything you need to know about saving money at Price Chopper is right here! We’ve rounded up all of the policies, ads and more — just to help you get the best deals week after week.
PRICE CHOPPER LOCATIONS
There are two chains of Price Chopper stores. One is located on the east coast and the others are in the Kansas City Metro and select Iowa locations, including Des Moines. The data on this page is for the stores in Kansas City and Iowa stores. You can find a store near you by visiting .
PRICE CHOPPER AD
If you need to find the , look on further than their website. Price Chopper also mails it to households each Tuesday or Wednesday. The online versions of the ad are available for while the ad dates are valid.
REGULAR WEEKLY AD
Each week, Price Chopper releases a . It runs from Wednesday through Tuesday (except over holiday weekends, where it is may extend for a few more days).
The best deals of the week are always on the front page. These are often referred to as “loss leaders.” They are called that because these items often cost less than the price pays, resulting in a loss. Take time each week to pair these deals with any coupons you may have as they are going to be an incredible deal.
Most weeks, Price Chopper offers a , which runs alongside the regular weekly ad. This ad runs2, 3, 4 or 5-days long (with 2 or 3 the most common).
While the front page lists a few good deals, those in the short ad may often be even better. If possible, plan your shopping trip to the store so you can take advantage of both the shorter sale and regular sale items at the same time (saving you time and money).
ADVANCE VIEW OF THE NEXT WEEK’S AD
Each Tuesday morning, you can review the upcoming ad on their website. While Price Chopper usually mails these to most homes in their shopping region, sometimes they do not arrive. The online weekly ad is another way to see which items will be on sale.
PRICE CHOPPER LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE
Price Chopper offers a on select items. These are products in the weekly ad that have this image shown above, next to them. The guarantee ensures that the price you are paying for that product is the lowest in the Kansas City or Des Moines area. If you happen to find the same item at another store for a lower price during the same sales period, they will match it.
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE RULES
If you do happen to find an item priced lower at a competing store, Price Chopper will match it. However, there are requirements to determine eligibility:
- The lower priced item must be in the competitor’s print ad.
- The ad must be distributed via the Kansas City Star on Wednesday or the Des Moines Register on Tuesday (it may also be mailed to your home directly).
- You must provide a printed copy of the competitor’s ad.
- Item must be the same size and pack.
- Offer excludes Buy One Get One Free promotions, coupons and percentage off discounts.
- Offer is valid only during the sales dates printed on the Price Chopper ads.
If you have any questions, visit your Customer Service counter.
PRICE CHOPPER REWARDS PROGRAM
Price Chopper offers a . They offer two options: food or fuel. You can opt for the one that works for your needs. Sign up either online or at your local store.
For every $1 you spend on qualifying food*, you will earn 2 Rewards points. Once you reach 1,000 points, you will receive a certificate to save 5% off your next purchase.
They will mail the certificate to the address on file, but you can also redeem it on your phone. Log into your account and show the certificate at checkout. Keep in mind that the certificate has an expiration date. Use it before this date as it will not be accepted once expired.
For every $50 you spend on qualifying purchases, you will earn $0.05/gallon discount on fuel at QuikTrip. The more you spend, the more you save! Best of all, you can accumulate the rewards on your card. That can results in significant savings at the pump! Just scan your larger Price Chopper rewards card at the pump to get the discount applied to your purchase.
Sometimes, Price Chopper offers bonus rewards on select items. These will have the small red and grey circle on them
in the weekly ad.
You can earn up to 100 points — or more — for each Bonus Rewards item purchased. When you enroll in the food program, points are added to your account automatically. If you partake in the fuel program, you will still only earn points when this item is part of your qualifying $50 purchase.
When you fill or refill prescriptions at your Price Chopper pharmacy, you can earn points. For every prescription filled, you will earn 100 points. If you are in the food program, this is added to your account. If you are in the fuel program, this qualifies for a $0.05 per gallon discount.
While there is not a minimum purchase for Pharmacy REWARDS, these purchases do not count towards points earned on qualifying purchases.
REWARDS PROGRAM QUESTIONS
CAN I GET POINTS APPLIED TO A PRIOR PURCHASE?
No. Points can be earned only at the time of purchase. Consult with the store for additional questions.
CAN I CHANGE FROM ONE REWARD TYPE TO THE OTHER?
Yep! You sure can! To change from one program to the other, just log into your account online, or call1-877-233-9072
DO THE POINTS EXPIRE?
Any points earned on food expire after six months they are earned. Fuel points will expire the last day of the month after they are earned.
While most items are eligible to earn rewards points, some purchases are excluded. You will not earn points on these items: liquor, tobacco, pharmacy, lottery, lotto, Rug Doctor, postage stamps, gift cards, money orders, tax, and other service items.
For more information, stop by customer service or review the details online.
PRICE CHOPPER COUPON POLICY
Price Chopper accepts coupons. These include store coupons as well as manufacturer coupons. However, they have a coupon policy that you must adhere to.
MANUFACTURER & PRICE CHOPPER STORE COUPONS
- Price Chopper will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero. If using the coupon results in a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount of the purchase as cash or credit is not given on coupons.
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction.
- They will not accept photocopies, blurred, or illegible coupons. Coupons that appear to have been altered in any way will not be accepted.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
- Price Chopper will not accept manufacturer coupons that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction.
- Price Chopper does not accept expired coupons.
- They will not accept coupons that do not have the entire contract details listed (including redemption instructions).
- Price Chopper will accept Internet printed coupons as long as they are scannable and follow the rules stated in the policy for all coupons.
- Price Chopper will not accept any Internet printed coupon for a free product.
Price Chopper does not double any coupons.
Coupon stacking is when you use more than one coupon on a purchase. There are rules when it comes to this type of coupon redemption.
- Price Chopper will not accept more than one manufacturer’s coupon towards the purchase of a single product.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons been loaded to a Chopper Shopper REWARDS Card.
- If a customer presents two manufacturers coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Price Chopper will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and coupon.
- Price Chopper does allow a store-issued coupon and a manufacturer coupon to be applied to the same item. Limitations detailed in point #1 do apply to stacked coupons.
Price Chopper reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. If you have any questions, stop by customer service or visit the store manager.
Price Chopper sometimes offers coupons on it’s . To redeem, pull up the coupon on your phone and show it to the cashier. Regular coupon policies also apply to Facebook coupons.
EMAILED PRICE CHOPPER STORE COUPONS
Each week, Price Chopper emails an offer to all rewards members. This coupon can be redeemed by showing it to the cashier (on your phone), at the time of checkout. Regular coupon policies apply to emailed coupons. For more information, review .
PRICE CHOPPER RAIN CHECK POLICY
If an item that is on sale is out of stock in your local store, Price Chopper may issue a rain check. A rain check is a “coupon” that will allow you to purchase the items at the sale price, once they are in stock again at your store. It allows consumers to take advantage of deals that sell out before they have an opportunity to get to the store.
There are a few rules when it comes to rain checks:
- Rain checks are valid for 30 days, after which time they will expire.
- Stores will not accept expired rain checks.
- Price Chopper has the right to limit raincheck quantities based upon product availability and advertised limits.
- Rain checks will not be provided for beer, wine, spirits, tobacco products or items advertised as “clearance,” “while supplies last,” “limited quantities,” or other designation indicating a limited supply.
Keep in mind that this is their policy, but the store has the right to modify this at any time. Visit your store manager or customer service if you have any questions. Read more about the .
PRICE CHOPPER PRICE MATCHING POLICY
Price Chopper does not price match competitors unless it happens to be one of their lowest price guarantee items. Review that section above for more information.