Sloppy Joes. A kid favorite. Don’t use the can to create a batch, make it yourself instead!
I’m about keeping things simple. Anything I can do to make things easier works for me! This Sloppy Joe recipe is one of the ways I do just that! Not only is it simple, it tastes so good (much better than that canned stuff from the store).
Even though it is great the night we make it, it’s even better as leftovers. The flavors have more time to really blend together. Sadly, the leftovers only make it 1 – 2 nights around here – as we just can’t leave them alone!
Other easy meals include:
Simple and Delicious Sloppy Joes
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped (can increase full onion if you desire)
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped (can increase or eliminate this item)
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 can of tomato sauce, 15 oz
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- Hamburger Buns
- Put oil into a skillet and add veggies and garlic. Lightly salt and pepper (as much or as little as your skill.likes). Cook until softened (around 5 min or so).
- Add ground beef or turkey and cook through. Drain off excess fat.
- Put the meat back into the skillet and add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Simmer for around 7 – 9 minutes – until well blended and slightly thickened.
- Spoon onto buns and add more salt and pepper (as desired).
- Serve with chips and fresh veggies!!