Nothing says summer like strawberries! What would make them better? Cupcakes! These strawberry jam cupcakes are absolutely amazing!
At first look, you might think that filled cupcakes are difficult. You might also think you need to spend money on special tools. Nope! Not at all!! It is easy to make. The full recipe is below, but I’ve got some simple snapshots for you to see how we did this.
You will bake your cupcakes according to the package instructions. When they cool, use a spoon to scoop a bit of the center.
Then, fill the empty spot with your favorite brand of strawberry jam.
Finally, whip up a batch of this amazing strawberry jam frosting. Top them with the frosting and an additional fresh strawberry for an amazing dessert!
You can find all of the details right here, so that you can make this yourself. We won’t tell your skill.how easy it was — we promise.Print
Strawberry Jam Cupcakes
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 White or Vanilla Cake Mix (and items needed to make them – eggs and oil as directed)
- Strawberry Jam
- Buttercream or Vanilla Frosting (can use can or make your own)
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- Strawberries (optional)
- Follow directions on cake mix box for baking cupcakes.
- While your cupcakes are baking, place your desired frosting in a bowl and add 3 drops of red food coloring and 1 drop of yellow food coloring. Mix well.
- Once your cupcakes have finished baking, allow them to coo.
- Once cupcakes are cool, use a spoon to scoop out the middle of the cupcake. Do not go all the way through the bottom of the cupcake. Just a hole big enough to add a dollop of jam.
- Fill your hole with a dollop of strawberry jam, taking care to not go too far past the rim of the hole.
- Place frosting on the cupcakes while also covering the hole. You can use a frosting bag to do this or a Ziploc bag, if you have one handy.
- Garnish with a strawberry if desired.