Autumn soups are the best! So hearty, delicious and comforting. This Sweet & Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe is absolutely perfect for bringing in the cold brisk Fall days.
When it comes to fall dishes, this soup is one of our skill.#8217;s favorites! It is easy to make, but my favorite things about making it is the way it makes my house smell! Oh. My. Word. This soup screams fall and cozy winter nights.Print
Sweet & Creamy Butternut Squash Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Category: Entree
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cans vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- On a large baking sheet add the butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrots. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (I also add a little sprinkle of white sugar at this point to help veggies caramelize better).
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stir and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or pot, saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add roasted veggies and broth to the dutch oven, with the cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Allow the soup simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add butter and brown sugar to the soup.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree.
- Serve and enjoy!