One of the secrets to getting some of the best deals is not just waiting for a deal to show up in the weekly ad, but rather knowing the time of the year to shop.
A common question we get asked quite frequently is when readers should shop for items such as linens, computers, and more. Of course, if you see a sale in your Sunday newspaper or via an email, you may want to check it out. However, that does not mean is the best deal you will find.
Beleive it or not, there is the best time of the year to shop for appliances, furniture, outdoor equipment, mattresses and more! We’ve not only got the items which are on sale during the various months during the year but even a weekly shopping guide! You will learn when you might be most likely to get deals on everything from apples to tires!
WHEN IS THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK TO SHOP
There are better days to shop during the week for the things you need. Try to plan your shopping trip around these schedules and you are more likely to find the best deals.
- Monday: Cars, dress pants, sunglasses, electronics
- Tuesday: Men’s apparel, airline tickets
- Wednesday: Fuel, groceries, kids’ clothing, jewelry
- Thursday: Fuel (am only), clothes, handbags
- Friday: Clothing accessories
- Saturday: Books, outerwear, intimates
- Sunday: Appliances, swimwear, groceries
WHAT IS ON SALE EVERY MONTH
Don’t rush out to buy what you think you need when you want it. Instead, a little patience in waiting for a better deal can make all the difference. For example, did you know the best time of the year to buy appliances, such as a refrigerator is May?
- January: Holiday items, linens/bedding, toys, video games, vacation packages, winter clothing, TVs, treadmills, ellipticals, carpeting, flooring.
- February: Furniture, treadmills, ellipticals, steak, lobster, humidifiers
- March: Digital cameras, TVs, Blu-ray/DVD players, MP3 players, winter sports gear, luggage, golf clubs.
- April: Desktop computers, laptop computers, lawn mowers, spring clothing, cruises, tires, cookware.
- May: Athletic apparel and shoes, camping gear, outdoor gear, air conditioners, gym memberships, refrigerators, office furniture, mattresses, small electronics.
- June: Lingerie, camcorders, carpeting, indoor furniture, tools and hardware, swimwear, dishware.
- July: Home decor, sandals, furniture, BBQ grills, picnic items.
- August: Swimwear, summer clothing, backpacks, snowblowers, outdoor furniture, air conditioners, school supplies, storage containers.
- September: Plants, tablets (ipads, etc), airfare, bicycles, summer apparel, appliances (other than refrigerators), gas grills, lawn mowers, cars.
- October: Jeans, winter coats, patio furniture, appliances (again), lawn mowers
- November: Pajamas/slippers, GPS navigators, baby items; Divide deals on toys, electronics and clothing
- December: Outerwear, gift cards, toys, tools, golf clubs, electronics, pools.
Make sure you pin, bookmark and share our guide, so you can reference it whenever you need to.